Trenton Patch-Pad® exothermic weld protector is a versatile, easy-to-apply coating for small applications on pipelines and other metal structures. Patch-Pads are primerless, self adhering, and require minimal surface preparation. The design includes a moldable, self-adhesive coating which can conform to a variety of profiles, combined with a durable polymer backing which provides strong mechanical protection for buried applications.
- Easy to apply, simply remove the wrapper and press on, no tools required
- Strong polymer backing for durable corrosion protection
- Minimal surface preparation (dry, NACE SP2) No primer required
- Moldable coating easily conforms to a variety of profiles – can conform to multi lead connections
- Compatible with most pipe coatings
- Conforms to multiple profiles
- No curing, Immediate backfill
- No primer required
Patch-Pad is ideal for use in protecting Cathodic Protection system connections. It easily conforms to protect a variety of profiles and most connection configurations. Trenton Patch-Pad is designed to provide durable corrosion protection for a variety of small scale applications which require flexibility, strong adhesion, and ease-of-use. Tools are available to facilitate remote installation in keyhole applications.
- Surface should be clean and dry at the time of application
- Apply adhesive/sticky face of Trenton Patch-Pad to the surface to be covered and press to conform.
- Ensure that the edges of the Patch-Pad are in contact with the metal surface.
Trenton Patch-Pad is available in a variety of sizes:
- 4” x 4” pads; 12 pads/case
- 5” x 10” pads; 6 pads/case
- 6” x 6” pads; 6 pads/case
Polymer-coated synthetic fabric with synthetic adhesive
|Cathodic Disbondment ASTM G8||.24 square inches|
|Water Absorption of Adhesive ASTM D570||0.30%|
|Breaking Strength ASTM D1000||181 lbf|
|Elongation ASTM D1000||80%|
|Thickness of Adhesive ASTM D1000||500 mils|
|Thickness of Backing ASTM D1000||150 mils|
|Peel Adhesion ASTM D1000||Cohesive Fracture|